Who We Are
The Change Gym provides professional development training for coaches: executive, leadership, life, career, relationship, health, wealth, and business. Our training is founded on scientific, evidence-based psychology. It consists of leading edge research into how people change and the change fitness resources that empower them to succeed at the change process. If you’re not interested in helping people change, or in scientific approaches to coaching, this training is not for you.
We do not offer initial coach training – we can’t make you a coach, but we can help you become a better coach. If you’re wanting to become a coach, we suggest you find a good ICF approved provider.
Three Areas of Focus
We have 3 areas of focus. First, we focus on the personal change fitness of individuals. The focus here is on helping clients develop greater capacity to change the things they want to change. This isn’t about discovering strengths people already have; it’s about people developing change capacities they don’t currently have. It’s not about learning what to do; it’s about helping people develop the psychological capacity to be successful at what they should do.
Second, we focus on exceptional leadership. There are many courses on leadership, and we’re not trying to duplicate any of them. We’re saying something new. We explore the link between a leader’s change fitness and their capacity for leadership. Our leadership training will help you look at leadership in the VUCA world in an entirely new way.
Third, we focus on organisational change readiness. For too long, this topic has only just been on the radar. It’s time to focus on it. And we have something unique to say. Our training brings together the personal change fitness of people and merges it with organisational change readiness.
What We Offer
- A scientific, evidence-based, well-researched and coherent framework to guide your coaching practice. Sometimes, coaches learn bits of information, but they find it hard to piece all the bits together to form a coherent picture of the coaching landscape. We can offer you a clear picture of how to help people succeed at change, and where people most need help.
- A structured system based on the framework. You will never be left wondering what to do next. This system provides very clear direction for the coach, and a secure, guided pathway allowing issues to emerge naturally for the client.
- A set of tools and resources to fully support your coaching. These tools and resources form part of the change fitness ecosystem and are fully integrated into its philosophy and practice. These tools and resources include a psychometric test and online coaching programs to provide content and guide your work with clients.
- A specialisation in the coaching space. Change fitness coaching, and its spin-offs into leadership and organisational change readiness, are specialist areas within the coaching space. This allows you to differentiate yourself in the marketplace and gives you a distinctive point of difference.
- A team to work with. Our ambition is to create a team of trained change fitness coaches who can make a difference in the way individuals and organisations handle change. Change isn’t going away any time soon, and it would be fantastic if people could learn how to thrive in the VUCA world. If you want to be part of this movement, we’d love to talk with you.
If you are interested in what we offer, it all begins with training. This is not free, but it is fairly priced. All our training programs are online. We have 4 intakes per year. Click below to find out about our next intake.